Display ad
HomeSportsCricketCAB grants NOC to Wriddhiman Saha, "will hold no grudge against establishment",...

CAB grants NOC to Wriddhiman Saha, “will hold no grudge against establishment”, says veteran keeper | Cricket News – Times of India

KOLKATA: Veteran India discard Wriddhiman Saha on Saturday was granted the NOC (No Objection Certificate) by Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB), bringing down curtains to his 15-year affiliation underneath acrimonious circumstances.
A veteran of 40 Tests, Saha who will flip 38 in October, was categorically informed by Indian crew administration earlier this 12 months, that they do not need an aged second wicketkeeper within the set-up.
Since then, Saha has been essential of BCCI president Sourav Ganguly and likewise firstly, did not have charitable issues to say about head coach Dravid both.
“Mr Wriddhiman Saha came to CAB and in an application to President Avishek Dalmiya sought the NOC from the association,” the CAB said.
“CAB gave concurrence to the request of Mr Saha and provided the NOC to him for playing for another state. CAB also wished him the very best for his future endeavours,” it added.
Saha took a call to depart Bengal after CAB joint secretary Debabrata ‘Debu’ Das alleged that the veteran keeper makes excuses to skip home matches for the state.
An irate Saha wished an unconditional apology from Das, which he did not get and when the official was despatched as Indian crew’s administrative supervisor to England, it broke the proverbial camel’s again.
Talking to reporters after getting the NOC, Saha stated he was requested once more to rethink his choice.
“I was asked earlier. Requests have been made again and again today. But my decision has already been made. So today I took NOC,” he stated.
He additional stated he would by no means maintain any grudge in opposition to Bengal and can be able to serve once more if wanted in future.
“I never had any ego issues with the Bengal cricket establishment. Maybe, there was a disagreement with someone (joint secretary Debu), that’s why I had to make this decision.”
“I extend all my good wishes for Bengal. If I needed in the future, and if the situation is conducive then, I’m there for help,” Saha additional added earlier than leaving the Eden Gardens premises.
Saha was final in dialogue for a player-cum-mentor position with Tripura however a high official claimed that he demanded an “exorbitant fee” for the contract.
“There has been no development so far after he asked for an exorbitant fee apart from the regular match fees (Rs 2.4 lakh per match),” the official informed PTI.
“Tripura is currently mired in problems between two faction groups and there is an ongoing case in the High Court against the current establishment. Elections are due in September,” the official added.
Asked the place he was heading to within the subsequent season, Saha stated: “Talks are on with many states. But, it’s still not decided, will let you know when it’s 100 percent confirmed.”
But the veteran keeper’s claims that Ganguly had assured him of being retained within the Indian crew until he remained president, had raised eyebrows and Saha on his half may by no means produce conclusive proof that was the previous India captain’s verbatim assertion throughout an interplay with him.
“After scoring 61 against New Zealand at Kanpur, Dadi (Sourav Ganguly) congratulated me over WhatsApp and mentioned, ‘As long as I’m here (heading the BCCI), you would be in the team”.
“Such a message from the BCCI president actually boosted my confidence. What I’m struggling to know is how issues have modified so quick,” the wicketkeeper-batsman had alleged in his outburst publish getting the boot from nationwide crew.
Having made his debut in opposition to Hyderabad in 2007, the Siliguri-born Saha has featured in 122 first-class and 102 List A video games. He additionally has performed 40 Tests and 9 ODIs for India.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular