John Lu: As the Montreal Canadiens open coaching camp, the staff has given an replace on some injured gamers:
- Josh Anderson is listed with an upper-body harm and is taken into account each day.
- Nick Suzuki is listed with a lower-body harm and might be out for 2 weeks.
- Jack Evans is out with an upper-body harm and is listed as day-to-day. Evans is participating in velocity and conditioning skates and testing.
- Joel Edmundson is out indefinitely with a lower-body harm. It is unclear if it’s the similar again harm that plagued him final season.
- Sean Monahan remains to be listed on the harm report and is but to be cleared to take part in coaching camp outdoors of conditioning drills.
Charlie O’ Connor: As coaching camp obtained underway Flyers common supervisor Chuck Fletcher gave updates on some injured gamers:
- According to Fletcher, Sean Couturier is getting a second opinion on his herniated disc. Fletcher acknowledged it was too untimely to say if this harm was season-ending or career-ending for Couturier. There is optimism however he’s nonetheless listed as out indefinitely.
- According to Fletcher, Ryan Ellis‘s harm could possibly be career-ending. He just isn’t anticipated to play this season. If he did, this might be a bonus for the Flyers.
In addition, Joel Farabee has been cleared to take part in coaching camp, however not totally as he can not take any contact.
Tom Gulitii: The Washington Capitals had the beginning of coaching camp at present and a few notable names had been lacking:
- T.J. Oshie just isn’t a participant in coaching camp on September twenty second. He underwent surgical procedure for an upper-body harm and is being held out as a precaution. He will check later in camp. It is predicted he’ll observe with the staff tomorrow.
- Carl Hagelin just isn’t collaborating in testing for the Capitals as he’s coping with an unrelated difficulty to his eye harm. Hagelin is present process testing and it’s unclear when he’ll take part in testing.
Injured Maple Leafs
- It was introduced at present by the Maple Leafs that defenceman Jake Muzzin will miss the beginning of coaching camp with again discomfort. He is predicted to affix the staff subsequent week and be again on the ice.